top of page

Rustington Otters FC

Otters Logo

"Like" Us on Facebook

for regular news updates!



In this Club, safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility, and we know that inaction is not an option. If anyone is worried about a child, it is important that they report their concerns to the Club Welfare Officer (CWO), who will deal with reported concerns as follows:


The CWO at Rustington Otters Football Club is:

Anna Scialdone

Contact details:


i.Our CWO will manage poor practice and where necessary seek advice from the County Football Association (CFA) Designated Safeguarding Officer (CFA DSO).

ii.Our CWO will make referrals about more serious concerns to the CFA DSO, or in an emergency contact the Police or Children’s Social Care.

iii.We will ensure that if the child needs immediate medical treatment that we take them to a hospital or call an ambulance and tell them it is a child protection concern.

iv.Our CWO will keep records of the actions taken and keep the CFA DSO informed.



If you are worried about a child, it’s vital you report your concerns. Doing nothing is not an option. It’s also important you stay calm, and if any child is present, reassure them they are not to blame. But don’t make promises of confidentiality or outcome.


There are FIVE WAYS to report a concern:


1.To your CWO (Elliott Crook) or League Designated Safeguarding Officer (Paul Senior, Tel: 01243-606961, Mob: 07871-060549, Email:

2.To your County FA Designated Safeguarding Officers:

Sandra Redhead

Safeguarding Manager /

Designated Safeguarding Officer

M: 07525 667076



Larette Tritton

Designated Safeguarding Officer

M: 07858 518207


3.By emailing The FA Safeguarding Team at:


4.If urgent and you cannot contact your club, league or County FA Designated Safeguarding Officer, you should call the NSPCC 24-hour helpline on 0808 800 5000 or text 88858 or email: or visit their website:


5.If it is an emergency because a child or children are at immediate risk, then call the Police or Children’s Social Care in your area.


If you are concerned that someone may be behaving inappropriately, or is seeking to groom a child in an online environment, then please use the CEOP reporting button that will take you directly to the team at the National Crime Agency.



You should also inform your County FA (see above) or The FA via:



Other useful contacts


Guidance and advice for parents about the internet:

Childline – Call 0800 1111

bottom of page